1. For those who don’t know you, introduce yourself and your blog
Hello, I’m Claire Robinson. I’m a writer with a penchant for escaping from real life as much as possible! But because I have (boring) grown-up responsibilities – a house, a daughter, and 3 cats (ahem) – I can only travel when the weekends come around. So, my blog - Travel Candy – is about me sharing my weekend adventures to help other peeps, in similar situations, squeeze the most out of their weekends away.
2. Are you a light packer or an overpacker, what one thing won’t you leave the house without?
I ALWAYS overpack! I can’t get rid of that ‘just in case’ gremlin! I won’t leave the house without my phone and lip gloss (the source of all my powers… or something like that).
3. Do you plan trips or just go with the flow?
I go with the flow. I’m really spontaneous and a bad planner. It’s just not in my nature to be organised.
4. Where has been your favourite place to visit to date?
I fell in love with Florence about 10 years ago – and am very keen to go back to see if it’s still got a grip on my heart.
5. Is there anywhere you don’t want to go?
I’m not fussed about Australia (sorry Oz fans). Too many things that want to inject you with a neuro-toxic. Even the trees want to kill you! Ahhhhhhhh!!
6. What is the most important item on your “Bucket List”, or if you don’t have one what one place or thing don’t you want to miss out?
Maldives. I have to visit them before I kick the proverbial!
7. What is the best experience you’ve had whilst traveling?
Seeing, and then running away from, a bear in Romania – you can read about it here.
8. What tip would you give other traveller’s?
Put your phone down. Pack your camera away. And breathe in the experience. I find it more difficult to do that now than ever! Oh, and pack lipgloss (after all, it’s the source of all your power).
9. If you had to choose one place to live forever, where would it be and why?
Italy. The food. The language. The landscape. The history – it’s all so vibrant and alive and impossible to resist.
10. What’s next for you…
More weekends in the UK, exploring the places I desperately want to go: Pembrokeshire, the Lakes, Cornwall, Scotland. And in Europe: Iceland and Norway are on my list!
Claire can be found around internet at: