Traveller Tuesday with Maaike from Travellous World
Each Tuesday from now on I'll be hosting interviews with other travel bloggers, to help you discover more blogs and even more inspiration to travel. If you want to be part of this series please contact me.
1. For those who don't know you, introduce yourself and your blog
My name is Maaike and I'm a Dutch master's student. On travellousworld.com I write about London and other travel related experiences, visualizing the stories by photo's I've taken. I love to get out there and explore, and I've grown a unhealthy obsession with London over the years...
2. Are you a light packer or an overpacker, what one thing won't you leave the house without?
I'm a light packer. Especially when I'm only traveling for a few days, I only take carry on luggage with me. I won't ever leave the house without my Canon DSLR camera.
3. Do you plan trips or go with the flow?
I mostly plan the rough outlines of a trip, but I always try to leave some room for spontaneity. You never know where you end up!
4. Where has been your favourite place to visit to date?
Let's try to answer something different than London this time. Other favorite places that I would love to go back to are Vancouver and San Francisco.
5. Is there anywhere you don't want to go?
I'd rather not go to any risk zones in the world
6. What is the most important item on your "Bucket List", or if you don't have one, what one place or thing don't you want to miss out on?
South America is currently ranked highest on my bucket list. I don't have an actual preference for a specific country in general, but Chile and Argentina sound like the perfect travel destinations to me!
7. What is the best experience you've had while travelling?
Meeting locals who can teach me so much about the place they live and who share their cultural knowledge with me is one of the best aspects of traveling.
8. What tip would you give other traveller's?
Don't give up on your dreams. Do you have a dream destination? Go, visit it!
9. If you had to choose one place to live forever, where would it be and why?
I can't name a place I want to live forever.
10. What's next for you...
The reason for my answer to question 9 is that I'm planning to move to London at the end of the year. Living and working there has always been a dream for me. I can't say however if I'm going to live there forever. Who knows what other places are waiting for me?
Maaike can be found around the internet at: